Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Technology

For the past two days I tried to avoid using any kind of technology. I realized that I spend a lot of time using the computer, phone, or iPod to keep me busy. I would spend most of on the computer for social sites like Facebook and Instagram rather than using it wisely for class work. Whenever I had something to do I always had my music playing with me so it can entertain me and so it would not be too quiet while I do errand or even while doing some homework. I realized most of the time I use technology is when using my phone because I will be texting. The time I spend using technology is not really well spent, just because I use it more of entertainment, when I can use more of the time for school. Using technology is different from using it in an academic setting because it is not just time being wasted away. For example, in high school we I would use the computer to check on my grades to see what I needed to do to improve. It is something that needs to be done for my education. Most of the time doing things for school it would be for me to learn things that I need rather than just being on social sights to waste time away. The technology that is asked to be used in school is minimal. Most of the time technology is needed is to just to print out work that is needed for the next class meeting. There are classes where they expect more technology to be used, either to turn in homework or to complete homework assignments online. The way I see that I am using technology is more of a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment